10 Must-Know Yoga Poses & Exercises For Hair Growth [Bonus Tips]Allen Hicks
Table of Contents
- 1 Get Ready to Roll Out Your Mat and Strike a Yoga Pose for Healthier Hair!
- 2 How does Yoga Work for Hair Growth?
- 3 Yoga Poses For Hair Growth: What Do Scholars Think?
- 4 Top  Yoga Poses for Hair Growth and Glowing Skin
- 4.1 Pose 1: Uttasana (Standing Forward Bend)
- 4.2 Pose 2: Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
- 4.3 Pose 3: Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-Legged Standing Forward Bend)
- 4.4 Pose 4: Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose)
- 4.5 Pose 5: Balasana (Child’s Pose)
- 4.6 Pose 6: Balayam Yoga (Rubbing nails)
- 4.7 Pose 7: Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose)
- 4.8 Pose 8: Sirsasana (Headstand)
- 4.9 Pose 9: Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- 4.10 Pose 10: Vajrasana (Diamond Pose or Thunderbolt Pose)
- 5 Other Ways to Improve Hair Growth
- 6 Yoga For Hair Growth | FAQs
- 7 Takeaway
Get Ready to Roll Out Your Mat and Strike a Yoga Pose for Healthier Hair!
Hair fall is something we can’t ignore.
However, the causes and patterns for hair fall can vary from person to person for example:
- Hair thinning on the top of the head can be hereditary.
- Loosening of hair suddenly is due to physical or mental trauma.
- Bald spots or patches are usually caused due to stress or hormonal imbalance.
- Medication or radiation therapy can also lead to excess hair fall.
Hair fall becomes a nightmare if proper actions aren’t taken.
However, most treatments available to us don’t provide satisfactory results. Out of our surprise, yoga for hair growth has grown in popularity.
Some yoga practitioners believe that certain poses may be effective as a new hair growth treatment.
These physical activities help in
- Reducing stress levels
- Elevates blood flow to the scalp
- Eliminate toxins
That’s how you have better hair health. But, how far yoga can go for hair growth?
It’s a skeptical question. Continue reading to know how yoga benefits your hair health.
How does Yoga Work for Hair Growth?
Yoga, the word signifies a spiritual, physical, and mental realm that takes you to a better self.
Not only it prompts greater fitness but improves mental health because of its stress-reducing capabilities.
Recently, certain yoga poses for hair growth have drawn huge attention.
Practicing some exercise for hair fall can help fight off the problem.
- It is a sort of meditation bringing a calmness residing in your body and mind.
- It battles anxiety and stress making you relieved and stress-free.
- Moreover, it increases blood flow and blood circulation.
The result is evident in terms of blood flow in the scalp. Hence, you encounter healthy hair growth over time.
Apart from that, experts recommend performing certain scalp exercises for hair growth.
Massaging and brushing further promote blood flow to the hair follicles. Again, it provides you hair regrowth benefits.
#1:Yoga helps in hair growth
Not all yoga is going to benefit your hair health directly. You need to focus on practicing yoga involving the crown region of your head.
Yoga for hair growth involves forward bending asanas. These poses promote blood circulation in your crown region.
The scalp receives more nutrients and oxygen than normal. Eventually, you are awarded the benefit of immense hair growth.
Yoga helps in the following hair problems:
- Hair fall
- Premature greying
- Hair loss
- Hair Thinning
- Stagnant hair regrowth
So, yoga emerges as the best exercise for both your overall health and hair growth.
#2: No more stress
The most common reason behind hair loss is STRESS.
Have you ever given thought to this?
As we age, so our hair falls increases, so our stress elevates?
Undoubtedly, conquering hair fall is impossible without fighting off stress. You need to fix it to fix hair fall.
If it isn’t possible, you can at least keep it minimum.
You can start with simple meditation or yoga. The stress-copping technique provides wonderful results.
Practise yoga, cut down stress. Simple as that!
Also, the calming exercise relieves your emotional anxiety. On top of that, your hair health is on the verge of improvement.
What more do you want?
Now, you are aware of how exercise helps your hair health. Next, we’ve shared some studies that prove the benefits of yoga for hair growth.
Yoga Poses For Hair Growth: What Do Scholars Think?
Various yoga asanas for hair growth can promote hair growth as well as prevent hair fall resulting in thick and luscious hair.
However, yoga is a vast field of knowledge, and to shortlist yoga poses for hair growth can be difficult.
Hence, we curated a list of the best yoga for hair growth which we are going to discuss in detail now.
Top  Yoga Poses for Hair Growth and Glowing Skin
Every asana helps your health in a variety of ways. Not all of them directly benefit your hair health.
Some directly impact and encourage the blood flow to the scalp area.
This is how certain yoga for hair growth and glowing skin is beneficial to others.
Try A Safer Alternative For Glowing, Younger, and Clearer Skin!
Read More – Zeta White Review
Pose 1: Uttasana (Standing Forward Bend)
In this pose, you have to stretch the back and leg and even fold forward.
Performing the exercise helps increase blood flow to the scalp. Here’s how to perform the yoga-asana.
How to do a Standing Forward Bend
- Stand keeping feet at shoulder-width apart while your arms rest at your sides.
- Do forward bend at your hips while taking your arms down to your legs.
- Touch your fingertips to your knees, toes, or floor according to your flexibility. (you can also keep your knees slightly bent)
- Relax in this position with your head hanging. Experience the stretch in the back of your legs. If necessary, you can
- Touch your fingertips to your knees, toes, or floor, depending on your flexibility. You can keep the knees slightly bent. If necessary, you can bend a little forward to maintain the balance.
- Remain in the pose until several deep breaths. Afterward, uplift your head and go back to the initial position.
Pose 2: Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
Also called the Downward-Facing Dog, it is popular among yoga practitioners.
It is another exercise improving blood flow and blood circulation. Eventually, this helps in hair growth and relaxing stress levels.
How to do a Downward-Facing Dog
- Begin on all fours on a yoga mat
- Get into support of your hands and feet. Meanwhile, maintain a gap between your legs while your hands should be shoulder-width apart.
- Widen your fingers, and uplift your body with full force at your hips to make an upside-down V.
- Expand the stretch thinking your spine is growing bigger. Tilt your pelvis inward to experience a full stretch in your hamstrings.
- Remain in this position for 3-5 breathes and went to the next pose.
Pose 3: Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-Legged Standing Forward Bend)
This yoga pose for hair growth is specifically popular for its stress-relieving properties.
Also, it helps elevate blood circulation to the scalp promoting your hair help. The instruction to perform the workout goes like this.
How to do a Wide-Legged Standing Forward Bend
- Keep your legs at a wider gap than your hips your feet should be facing forward.
- Bend forward at your hip, while placing your hands flat on the floor. If it happens for you, keep your head on the ground on use a yoga brick for stability.
- Remain in the pose for 10 breaths
- Inhale as you get back to the initial position, straighten your back, and place your hands on the hips.
Pose 4: Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose)
The stress-relieving pose benefits your hair health by improving blood flow in the scalp.
The best part is it doesn’t involve upside down. Also, it is a good yoga to transit to or from the child’s pose discussed below. The instruction to perform the yoga pose for hair growth.
How to do a Rabbit Pose
- Kneel on the ground with your ankle pointed, the tops of your feet should be lying on the floor.
- Do a forward bend at your hips, bend your head forward placing it on the floor. Well, you can put your hands on both sides for additional support, if necessary. Meanwhile, you should look at your thighs. Also, you can use a yoga brick under your head for additional support.
- Hold your ankle with your hands and when you lift bring them in the air for a proper stretch.
- Rock your body a little forward and backward, making a massage-like effect on the scalp.
- Repeat the movements thrice.
Pose 5: Balasana (Child’s Pose)
In general, it is a neutral pose to return after finishing a yoga asana.
Not only it is restful, but stress relieving as well. You can perform the exercise for hair growth by following these steps.
How to do a Child’s Pose
- Kneel on the yoga mat keeping your legs hip-width apart.
- Exhale as you do a forward bend. Tilting your body at your hips lay your torso over your thighs.
- Stretch your arms in the forward position. Meanwhile, put your outstretched arms palms on the ground. Your arms stretch forward while your pelvis stretches backward.
- While remaining in the position, keep taking some deep breaths. Stay in the position for at least half a minute or as much as possible.
Pose 6: Balayam Yoga (Rubbing nails)
It is the simplest and most natural yoga as mentioned in ancient books of yoga.
Balayam Yoga involves your fingernails, which you can perform anywhere anytime, whether you are on a walk or traveling in a metro.
It stimulates blood flow to your hair follicles. Follow the steps to perform hair growth boosting exercise.
How to do Balayam Yoga:
- Keep your hands close so that they touch each other.
- Now, rub your fingernails of both hands make sure your thumb doesn’t rub each other.
- You need to rub the fingernails hardly against each other.
Pose 7: Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose)
It is one of the best yoga for hair growth. Besides, it is good for overall health and also activates the most necessary glands of the body.
The most crucial benefit of the asana is its impact on the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
The bend on the neck elevates the blood circulation of these glands.
How to do Sarvangasana:
- Begin in a standing position. Take a big step on the right side.
- By expanding the stance, you will find it easy to do the stretch.
- Try keeping your spine in a straight line and bend forward while holding your ankles.
- Stay in the position for a couple of minutes and return to the initial position.
- Repeat as per your preference.
Pose 8: Sirsasana (Headstand)
We have the coolest yoga pose for you. Not only it relieves stress but also calms your mind.
It also resolves endocrine-related problems while prompting blood circulations.
The yoga pose rejuvenates and refreshes the brain. This is only possible by an excessive supply of oxygenated blood to the brain cells.
With better nourishment to the scalp, your hair health improves gradually.
How to do Sirsasana:
- Kneel down while making your butts rest on the heels of your feet.
- Lean forward and put your forearms on your floors. Now, the fingers of both hands should be interlinked.
- Put the top of your head flat on the ground while pushing the back of your head against the interlocked arms and uplift your heels.
- Remain in the position still for a few minutes before returning to normal posture.
Pose 9: Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Ustrasana for hair growth directs the blood flow to your crown specifically the scalp.
Meanwhile, it also equates to the abnormalities of your thyroid glands leading to limiting hair loss.
It intensifies the blood circulation to your brain and scalps resulting in immense hair growth. Also, it regulates the thyroxine hormone of the thyroid to descend further possibility of hair loss.
How to do Ustrasana:
- Sit on your knees making sure your body is in a straight position.
- Bow your spike backward and trace the heels of your feet.
- raise your face up and recall this posture for a couple of minutes and gradually return to the initial position.
Pose 10: Vajrasana (Diamond Pose or Thunderbolt Pose)
Vajrasana is yoga helping to strengthen your body as a diamond.
The best part is it is one of the easiest yoga poses for hair growth you can perform after completing your meal.
It improves digestion while increasing blood flow to different parts of your body. This includes improved blood circulation to your scalp cells and better nourishment leading to enhanced hair growth.
How to do: Vajrasana
- You need to sit down on a flat surface by bending your legs backward.
- Try to align your ankles to your butts and remain in this position for a couple of minutes.
Mentioned above are our top yoga poses for hair growth, which we simplified for you. If you had gone through all the yoga poses for hair growth, then this is your BONUS.
Here are some of the other ways we’ve mentioned that you can try out for long-lasting and healthier hair.
Other Ways to Improve Hair Growth
Yoga can help to improve hair growth.
However, it is mainly a larger piece of your overall welling and comprehensive hair-growth strategy.
For quicker results, you need to make a few changes in your lifestyle.
Here’s what you can do!
Everything begins with the right diet. You need to start with a well-balanced nutritious diet with more lean protein.
It is the building block and plays a huge role in maintaining healthy hair.
Certainly, the inadequacy of protein in your diet slows down your hair growth.
You can try having more meat, skinless chicken, fish, eggs, beans, low-fat dairy, and nuts. Indeed, it will fulfill the necessary protein requirements.
#2: Controlled Supplementations
Excessive supplementation with nutrients like Vitamin A, vitamin E, or selenium may compromise your hair health.
You should take the nutrients daily, but the dosages need to be less than the recommended daily allowance.
Obviously, excess of anything isn’t good at all.
#3: Care for your hair
Don’t be frantic about your hair loss, but also care about the hair present on your head.
Instead of excessive heat styling, leave your hair as it. Also, avoid too-tight braids or ponytails leading to hair loss and breakage.
#4: Scalp massage
When it comes to a healthy hair routine, you can’t miss out on this step.
Only by massaging your scalp by fingertips the blood flow increase and stress get lesser. There is no specific duration to keep performing massage. It depends on your preference.
We can’t overlook the possibility of hair loss occurring due to medical causes.
This can be alopecia areata, which won’t be treatable just by making certain lifestyle choices. For concerned cases take the help of medical professionals.
There is a lot of curious readers who might have a few questions. So, we are moving on to related FAQs on yoga and hair growth.
Yoga For Hair Growth | FAQs
Here are a couple of frequently asked questions related to hair growth and yoga.
Q1: Does Yoga Help With Hair Growth?
Maintaining a proper diet and hydration along with yoga and meditation can help in reducing hair fall and results in hair growth.
Yoga such as
- ustrasana and
These yoga postures for hair can improve your blood circulation in your scalp allowing the proper reach of oxygen and nutrients.
Thus, Yoga can help in hair growth.
Q2: Can Pranayam Regrow Hair?
Pranayam for hair growth such as kapalbhati and anulom-vilom can help you get rid of free radicals and toxins from your body.
It cleanses your entire nervous system which benefits your scalp health resulting in stimulation of hair growth.
Thus, pranayama can significantly help in hair growth.
Q3: Does Rubbing Of Nails Grow Hair?
Rubbing nails is mudra yoga for hair, which can improve blood circulation, boosting the strength of hair follicles.
Strong hair follicles result in natural hair growth and considerably less amount of hair fall. It can even increase the volume of your hair while preventing the greyness of the hair.[/su_box]
Q4: Does Yoga Improve Your Hair?
There are many yoga poses for hair growth that can not only reduce hair fall but improve the texture and health of your hair too.
Yoga mainly relieves you from stress and anxiety while also improving your gut health which contributes to your hair health.
You try yoga for seven days and start noticing the difference in your hair instantly.
Q5: Which Position Is Best For Hair Growth?
A yoga pose that involves bending over or hanging your head upside down can significantly increase the blood flow towards your head and scalp.
The increase in blood flow stimulates hair growth vigorously.
Some of the best examples are the headstand or the Sirsasana, camel pose or Ustarasana, and fish pose or Matsyasana.
Q6: Which oil grows hair faster?
When it comes to hair growth, nothing can beat the effectiveness of castor oil.
The hair oil improves blood circulation to the scalp and even locks hair moisture. You can mix it with any lighter oil to apply as it has a comparatively thick density.
Q7: How can I regrow my thinning hair?
You can try certain hair growth remedies to treat the thinning. These includes
- Fish oil.
- Aloe vera.
- Onion juice.
- Coconut oil.
- Rosemary oil.
We have discussed different yoga for hair, their benefits, and relative FAQs.
Thus, moving on to the conclusion, let’s recollect and conclude this blog.
Healthy hair is the dream of everyone.
However, it is impossible because of the stress level we face, and the diet we have.
Yoga poses for hair growth can still appear beneficial. Not only it improves your nutrition flow but acts as a natural stress reliever while ensuring your overall well-being.
You can try the different yoga poses to observe satisfactory results in the long run.
In fact, in your larger hair-growth strategy, you can involve it is a necessary part.
You need to understand only the scalp exercise for hair growth won’t be sufficient. You need to have proper nutrition flow through your diet for maximum hair growth.
Also, you need to use gentle hair products to keep hair fall minimum.
Meanwhile, involve some good things in your hair-growth strategy to receive impressive results.