Power Yoga for Weight Loss – Best Workouts and Expert TipsAllen Hicks
Table of Contents
- 1 The Power Yoga for Weight Loss has Thrilled the Fitness World.
- 2 What is Power Yoga?
- 3 Does Power Yoga Help You Lose Weight?
- 4 How Does Power Yoga Help Weight Loss?
- 5 Power Yoga for Weight Loss: Major Benefits
- 6 Top 7 Best Power Yoga for Weight Loss
- 7 Final Word
The Power Yoga for Weight Loss has Thrilled the Fitness World.
Power Yoga for weight loss is the new slimming trend.
Can Power Yoga Help Me Lose Weight? This article put a fact-based argument.
Power yoga is a bit out of the box than the conventional yoga posture.
Unlike its calmness and slow pace, it is more like a cardio session. Some find it a jack of all trades.
In other words, it benefits your overall health while stimulating weight loss. Some claim it is effective in maintaining healthy body weight and fitness level.
Are the claims true? Can power yoga for weight loss and belly fat work?
Let’s dig into facts and figures. This is the only way to find out if a new yoga technique works for weight loss.
What is Power Yoga?
Don’t misunderstand power yoga as normal yoga.
It isn’t just about moving swiftly, but quickly. Power yoga combines flexibility, strength, and quick transition from one pose to another.
It is quite like cardio when it comes to its effect. It increases your heart rate while making you sweat.
In general, the instructors design their sequence of workouts as per their experience. You can find many such variations online.
You can easily find power yoga to reduce weight in one month on YT. But, is power yoga for weight loss and belly fat effective.
The doubts are obvious.
Before you get into the weight loss benefits of power yoga, you need to understand how yoga works for weight loss.
Or, does yoga make you slim?
Does Power Yoga Help You Lose Weight?
Yoga is slow-paced physical activity. It involves poses, breathing, twisting, and bending your body to perform the exercise.
Sometimes, it requires rubbing your body parts together or on the floor.
This generates a pressure effective in stimulating your body organs inside your body. Ultimately, it improves different body functions.
According to various sources, it improves your digestion to boost weight loss. It even helps in improving different health conditions.
Some studies even indicate that physical activity even promotes the vagal activity of your nervous system.
Surprisingly, it seems to influence the hypothalamus. It is the part of the human brain impacting the secretion of cortisol.
Another name of the hormone is stress hormone responsible for causing inflammation in your body. This leads to Weight Gain.
Indeed, the process makes your body store fat. However, performing yoga can reduce cortisol secretion. This way it helps maintain healthy body weight.Apart from the physiological difference, yoga even impacts your mind and behavior. It helps develop a deeper connection between your mind, spirit, and body.
When they get together, the quality of your life improves. It also helps in turning you with your body.
This helps you understand what’s going inside.
Yoga weight loss results are fascinating.
Some even point out the link between power yoga for weight loss and belly fat.
Surprisingly, a few studies indicate that physical activity can contribute to mindful eating habits.
This tends to benefit weight loss. In general, this applies to normal yoga. What about power yoga and its weight loss benefits?
How Does Power Yoga Help Weight Loss?
There is a simple formula for weight loss.
You must burn more calories than consumed.
All diets and workouts adhere to the simple principle. Even if yoga benefits your body weight composition, you need to follow the equation irrespective of anything.
So, does power yoga for weight loss and belly fat work that way.
In this respect, two processes are involved. First is your physical activity. The second is basal metabolic rate.
Both determine the fat-burning rate.
Let’s Understand in Depth.
#1. In general, the all-new form of yoga burns more calories than the conventional form.
- It involves quicker moves, more energy, a faster heartbeat, and a calorie-burning rate. Plus, it even aids with cardio.
Indeed, power yoga works as a muscle-strengthening exercise. In the long run, it helps in muscle toning.
#2. You burn a lot of calories just by performing simple body functions.
Undoubtedly, even breathing burns many calories.
The basal metabolic rate, you just read, is the calorie-burning rate when you are inactive. It determines the calories required for performing different body functions to keep your body working.
For instance, pumping your blood, breathing, inhaling, exhaling, digestion, and regular cellular function.
With power yoga for weight loss and belly fat, you experience two-round benefits.
- First, it advances your slimming, by direct stimulation.
- Second, it boosts your basal metabolic rate to advance your weight loss experience.
Power yoga weight loss before and after result shows its efficacy.
However, physical activity has more to offer than weight loss. It’s time to check out its dynamic perks.
Power Yoga for Weight Loss: Major Benefits
Power yoga helps shape by eliminating excess body fat.
At the same time, physical activity offers various advantages. They again benefit your weight loss.
Along with that, they aid your overall wellness and body weight composition.
Here are the main power yoga benefits.
#1: Next Level Flexibility
The main benefit of yoga is greater flexibility. Indeed, power yoga is no different.
It involves different moves, poses, and asanas.
This induces greater flexibility and lessens the possibility of injuries while improving your bodily motion. On top of that, it improves your workouts as well.
#2: Lessens Stress
Yoga effectively reduces your stress while inducing a feeling of peace.
Power yoga is no exception. The variation of workouts helps improve your mental state.
Performing physical activity regularly accelerates the parasympathetic system. This creates a sense of relaxation and calmness.
Ultimately, it lowers the stress level while helping you stay peaceful.
#3: Solid Muscles
Power yoga even helps strengthen your muscle mass.
Of course, the workout requires greater strength to perform the pro moves and poses. This helps strengthen your different muscle groups and even bones.Moreover, when you perform power yoga for weight loss, it works as a full-body workout.
It involves different muscle groups lessening the chances of muscle imbalance.
In short, you have an even muscularity throughout your body.
#4: Unbeatable Stamina
Stamina determines your workout productivity.
Performing power yoga benefits your stamina to a great extent. This happens because of the involved intense movements.
Indeed, the workout session results in increased heartbeat leading to greater blood flow. This energizes your muscle mass while promoting the efficacy of your muscle function.
Ultimately, when it comes to performing physical activity, you get the best out of yourself thanks to the greater stamina level.
Certainly, power yoga benefits aren’t limited to slimming.
It offers a wide array of advantages that benefits your overall wellness. It improves your physique as well as performance.
On top of that, it improves your mental peace.
Knowing how to lose weight with power yoga will be more beneficial.
Let’s find out the Best Power Yoga poses for Weight Loss.
Top 7 Best Power Yoga for Weight Loss
Performing power yoga can advance weight loss.
It helps attain a fit physique. Meanwhile, it gets your perfect body weight composition.
Here’s how to lose weight with power yoga.
#1. Garudasana Yoga or Eagle Pose for Losing Weight
The power yoga pose isn’t for beginners. If you are new to power yoga, don’t go ahead with it.
It is applicable for people having middle or pro proficiency in performing yoga.
You can do the workout in the evening or morn as per your preferences.
Here’s How to Perform it…
- The power yoga pose begins with a standing position, placing your hands on either side.
- You have to balance your weight on your right leg while lifting your left leg. Now, you have to bend your knees.
- Next, put your left leg around your right leg.
- Uplift your arms above while your elbows should be parallel to the floor.
- Now, fold your arms.
- Remain in the posture for 10 seconds
- Return to resting pose. Perform 10 times.
It is the best power yoga poses for weight loss fast.
Indeed, it works on different muscle groups which increases its weight loss benefit.
The Power yoga pose strengthens your calf and ankle muscle. On top of that, it stretches your upper back, calf, hip, and shoulder.
#2. Wind Releasing Pose
The power yoga for weight loss is best for beginners. You can perform the workout on an empty stomach in the early morning.
Or, you can perform it even in the evening hours.
Here’s How to Perform it…
- Lay on the yoga mat on the back while keeping your hands on either side
- Wrap your legs. Bring it close to your torso keeping your knees to your chest.
- Now with your hands press your folded legs to your chest.
- Remain in the position for the next 15 seconds.
- For maximum weight loss benefits, perform it for the next 10 to 15 minutes.
It is the best Yoga for weight loss for beginners female.
Moreover, it works on your lumbar spine and even relieves pressure from your spinal nerves.
#3. Uttanpadasana Yoga or Raised Feet Pose
Whether you are a beginner or have somewhat proficiency in performing power yoga moves, you can add this workout.
However, you should perform it in the early hours when you haven’t had anything.
Here’s How to Perform Power Yoga Move…
- Lie down on the ground while keeping your back and legs straight. Your hands should remain on either side while your palms should face the ground.
- Uplift your right leg up at 90 degrees to your left leg. Do the movement slowly.
- Both your legs should be straight.
- Now, repeat the move with the other leg.
- Get back to the initial position.
- Now, lift both legs perpendicular to the floor slowly.
- Repeat the process 10 to 15 times.
The power yoga movement for weight loss tons and strengthens different muscle groups.
It mainly includes your pelvic, abdominal, perineal, thigh, and lower back muscles.
#4. Side Stretch Pose
The power yoga pose for weight loss is for novices, mid-level, and specialists.
In terms of timing, you can perform it as stretching work early in the morning, when you are empty stomach. Or you can perform the work in the evening like the earlier one.
Here’s How to Perform the Power Yoga Pose…
- Begin in a standing position keeping your hands on either side. Your palms should face down.
- Raise your hands upward in the rising direction.
- Now, bring your left leg forward.
- It’s time to bend down while touching the ground with your palms.
- Meanwhile, your knees should stay straight.
- Remain in the pose for 14 seconds.
- Repeat the move on another side.
The power yoga for weight loss at home works on different muscle groups. However, it specifically helps reinforce the intercostal muscles.
#5. One-legged Downward-Facing Dog Pose
It is another beginner-level power yoga pose for weight loss. Add it to your morning weight loss program for max benefits.
Surprisingly, performing during the early morning helps empty bowels.
Here’s How to Perform it…
- Put yourself on your fours to the floor.
- Raise the hips and back up while breathing in.
- Keep your head and neck in a straight line.
- Put your palms to the ground
- Now, uplift your left leg up as much as possible.
- Remain in the pose for the next 5 seconds to return to resting posture.
- Repeat the power yoga pose with another leg.
The workout involves different muscle groups to boost weight loss. Moreover, it strengthens your bones, leg, back, and thighs.
#6. ArdhaChakrasana or Half Wheel Pose
The power yoga pose works for people with mid-level proficiency. You can add the workout to your morning training program.
However, it even fits the evening workout plan.
Here’s How to Perform the Power Yoga Pose for Weight Loss…
- Begin in a standing position keeping your hands on the sides.
- Uplift your hands while keeping your palms in front.
- Now, slowly bend backward as much as possible. Meanwhile, your feet should be firm to the floor.
- Join your palms while you are bending backward.
- You must hang your head slowly without straining your neck.
The power yoga for weight loss strengthens your abdomen. It even makes your back muscle stronger.
#7. Corpse and Boat Pose
The Power yoga exercise isn’t for everyone. If you have expertise in performing yoga, you can go ahead with this move.
For best results, practice the movement on an empty stomach in the morning.
Here’s How to Perform the Power Yoga Move…
- Lie down on the ground in a resting position while placing your hands on both sides.
- Lift your lower body as if sitting up halfway.
- This leads to a tightness in your abdominal area.
- Support the pressure and your body weight, but outstretching your hands.
- For beginners, the movie takes a lot of time. However, with practice, you can become apt.
The power of yoga movement works on your abdominal muscle. In terms of weight loss, it is highly beneficial.
The whole discussion on power yoga for weight loss and belly fat ends here. At last, let’s sum up the whole discussion.
Yoga has taken the western world in awe.
The simple swift moves impact your body internally and externally.
It doesn’t help in maintaining healthy body weight and perfect shape, but it even assures overall wellness.
Power yoga is a variation of traditional yoga. It involves quick moves just like cardio workouts. Thus, it offers a greater chance of getting slimmer.
More and more fitness centers are promoting physical activity for weight loss.
In our investigation as well, you can observe how power yoga benefits your fitness journey.
- You should plan 30-minute power yoga for weight loss to begin. Later, you can increase the timeframe.
Some claim, they are doing yoga but not losing weight. you need to understand that weight loss depends on diet as well as a healthy lifestyle.